Exporting Attachments from Access tables

RogerCooper

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:16
I have PDF's in an Access table using the Attachment field, that I need to automatically export and attach to an e-mail. I would I do this in VBA?

Save each attachment to a file, and attach that file to the email.

I recorded a video on extracting attachments some time ago:

You then just need to attach the resulting file(s) to an email. There are many examples showing that.

Although not germane to the detail of this thread this Attachments problems link to a previous thread does show that the problems addressed by it are not worth the huge overhead if you have lots of attachments. It also goes against the niceties of Relational Database Design as its usage de-normalizes your data and makes any manipulation/investigation of your whole set of attachments difficult.

I recorded a video on extracting attachments some time ago:

You then just need to attach the resulting file(s) to an email. There are many examples showing that.
Do you have the actual code you demonstrated available?

Although not germane to the detail of this thread this Attachments problems link to a previous thread does show that the problems addressed by it are not worth the huge overhead if you have lots of attachments. It also goes against the niceties of Relational Database Design as its usage de-normalizes your data and makes any manipulation/investigation of your whole set of attachments difficult.
To put this in perspective I created a new database with just the books table and the attachments table from my Books database. This was 778,640 bytes, After adding the external attachment files pointed to by my attachments table into a new Attachments field in the book table the new database had grown to 44,949,504 bytes! Some bloat overhead. :mad:

It was not so easy to find the link, but I got it now.
You could just as easy paused the video and added the code manually The code window is huge in that video and easy to read.
That way you would learn as you go.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom