G'day Friends (1 Viewer)

davegoodo

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
I've joined the forum to find an answer to an Access problem. Running Totals/Sums.
Or progressive sums.
It is in a Horse Racing context and getting an answer to the problem of Running Totals.
My tables are normalised and the table that holds the main betting data is where I want to get a Progressive Total.
The database is a specific purpose so I'm not worried if the total is calculated in a table or a query or in VBA.
I just want to find something that works for me.
Thanks for having this forum to use,
Dave

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:44
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 15:44
Not sure how you got two Welcome responses?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:44
Hello and welcome to the forums.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:44
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 07:44
I've joined the forum to find an answer to an Access problem. Running Totals/Sums.
Or progressive sums.
It is in a Horse Racing context and getting an answer to the problem of Running Totals.
My tables are normalised and the table that holds the main betting data is where I want to get a Progressive Total.
The database is a specific purpose so I'm not worried if the total is calculated in a table or a query or in VBA.
I just want to find something that works for me.
Thanks for having this forum to use,
Dave
We're more effective when the ACTUAL tables are available to work with.

davegoodo

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:44
Important Note: I have moved my post to the Queries forum. Sorry for any confusion. I thought the New Members post was just for new members. I thought my question was more related to the Queries section. So I moved it. Sorry about the mixed up postings.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:44
Important Note: I have moved my post to the Queries forum. Sorry for any confusion. I thought the New Members post was just for new members. I thought my question was more related to the Queries section. So I moved it. Sorry about the mixed up postings.
hi Dave,

Great you're on AWF and learning more about posting. There are lots of knowedgeable folks here who are happy to help you. We hope you build a good application. (and love Access so much that you'll stick around and participate more too)

here's the link to your Running Totals question in Queries, so others can find it easier:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom