Solved Getting a list in My report (1 Viewer)

Teri Bridges

Local time
Today, 06:23
I have a report for Courses. This report has several sub reports, one of which is roles to course.

In my case, the user assigns many roles to one course. This information is posted to my "role to course" table.
1698272826372.png

I am trying to bring that list into my report.

For example, OTC101 has 2 roles assigned CRM102 has one role assigned.

When I try to bring in the roles, I get a list for all the roles assigned or i get a list with just one role assigned.

1698273363398.png

I appreciate the help.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:23
Without seeing your db/report in action, I'm not sure what to recommend. Are you able to share a sample copy of your db with test data.

Teri Bridges

Local time
Without seeing your db/report in action, I'm not sure what to recommend. Are you able to share a sample copy of your db with test data.
Yes I sure can

Attachments

• DatabaseNew4.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 63

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:23
The posted report does not have any subreports. Listboxes won't work nicely in a report - won't grow/shrink.

I see circular referencing in Relationships window. This can certainly cause confusion when building query for report. Fortunately, you did not keep circular links in report query. However, not clear to me yet how these tables should be linked in query. Quite possible you are attempting to put too much into one query.

CourseRoles is junction table for Course and ListRoles yet you only link ListRoles to it. You are linking ListRoles to Course via ListModule. Why even include CourseRoles? The only field pulled from it is RoleID.

Users really should not need to see ID fields.

Last edited:

Teri Bridges

Local time
The posted report does not have any subreports. Listboxes won't work nicely in a report - won't grow/shrink.

I see circular referencing in Relationships window. This can certainly cause confusion when building query for report. Fortunately, you did not keep circular links in report query. However, not clear to me yet how these tables should be linked in query. Quite possible you are attempting to put too much into one query.

CourseRoles is junction table for Course and ListRoles yet you only link ListRoles to it. You are linking ListRoles to Course via ListModule. Why even include CourseRoles? The only field pulled from it is RoleID.

What I want to see is the names of the roles assigned to the course. But I have to link the tables by ID.

Teri Bridges

Local time

Could you be more specific on circular referencing? I am still learning and am not sure i understand the concept.

Teri Bridges

Local time

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:23
You don't use subreports to enter data - you use subforms.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:23
You are correct, I mis-typed there. I am using a sub-form to select the role from a cbobox. Sorry for any confusion.
Teri
See the modified report in the attached.

You cannot include every table as the Record Source

I added a subreport for the Roles

You need to do the same for all other sections of the Report.

Attachments

• DatabaseNew4.zip
    512.4 KB · Views: 45

Teri Bridges

Local time
Teri
See the modified report in the attached.

You cannot include every table as the Record Source

I added a subreport for the Roles

You need to do the same for all other sections of the Report.
Thank you Mike, most helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom