Solved Glitch??

mloucel

Local time
Today, 13:11
I've been working with some wonderful code from @isladogs [Colin] about hiding the access application window, resizing and some other great stuff, but I have found a small little glitch, that suddenly simply broke my head.

me, and I believe all of you, don't like users, playing around with our code, which is why I love those examples from Colin, but somehow I happened to come with a very DARK idea, I saw somewhere [I really do not remember where] that the fastes way to access the VBE [coding editor] window is by using

CTRL + G

I thought maybe compiling and creating an ACCDE will fix the problem..
and that's where my panic button was pressed...
NO it didn't ..

I happen to know more than 1 smart guy in my office, what if they found out about CTRL+G as I did, what if they use it..

How can I stop people from doing that?

Thanks for your help

In Access options, untick Allow Special Keys. That will prevent the use of Ctrl+G together with F11, Alt+F11 & Ctrl+Break

In fact, you can block any keyboard combination. For example, see how to block Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V:

In Access options, untick Allow Special Keys. That will prevent the use of Ctrl+G together with F11, Alt+F11 & Ctrl+Break

In fact, you can block any keyboard combination. For example, see how to block Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V:
Thanks Colin, is there a way to program the "Allow Special Keys" in a button or 2 that as you did the other ones in your example in the Control Application Interface??
(Sorry my knowledge doesn't go that far, but I am learning A LOT with your examples and with @Pat Hartman 's as well.)

Yes, but not in a button - see step #10 in my article

But I would recommend reading the entire article
The codeyou need is provided with the example app supplied with the article

Yes, but not in a button - see step #10 in my article

But I would recommend reading the entire article
The codeyou need is provided with the example app supplied with the article
I will Surely..
I some long weekend coming, I am going to dig in like there is no tomorrow.
Thank you so much Colin, I have learned so much, from your examples and from this forum, that I was thinking in not going to classes anymore, I have learned more in your posts and website, than in 4 months of class.
Help from everyone has been just above and beyond, I can't thank everyone enough.

Thanks but as a former teacher, I wouldn't recommend you do that...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom