Hello, AccessWorld! (1 Viewer)

kyforests

Local time
Today, 05:03
My name is Scott and I am a forester from Kentucky (USA). Just in case you aren't sure, a forester, in my case anyway, helps private landowners manage their forest resources. Sometimes it's as little as 5 acres (2.47 acres per hectare) and as many as 90,000. Forestry is a data intensive field with lots of statistics and data processing and Access has been my tool of choice since the late 90s. That led me to explore VBA and then to develop small scale solutions for other folks, for money, as part of my 30 year forestry journey. The current all consuming project is a data collection app used the field, far from internet access, using Windows rugged tablets. I've been using it for my own work for two years now and have recently provided copies to some other trusted forestry consultants, which seems to be going well enough to keep going. So, I use it everyday but I would not, by any stretch, consider myself a developer or a programmer.

I recently attended the virtual Access DevCon which was pretty fantastic and worth every penny. I really hope they keep up the virtual side of that whenever they decide to go back to the in-person conference.

Can't imagine why anyone here would want to know my hobbies, but here they are in no particular order: woodworking, wood turning, nature photography, cooking, and goofing off.

Thanks for having me,

Scott.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:03
Thanks for having me,
That's the best introduction piece I've seen for a long time Scott. Thank you very much! Glad you're here and best of luck with your projects...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:03
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:03
Hello, Scott, and welcome. I would hope that you have developed that all-important ability to be able to see the forest from the trees. (It's a systems analysis skill called "alternation of attention.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom