HELLO GURUS

Phuduhutswana

Local time
Today, 10:54
Hello gurus, i"'m in Gaborone, Botswana. I hope i will learn a lot and contribute a lot in this group.

Thank you so much for your acceptance gurus

Last edited:
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Store accrued leave days. 1.5 of leave days is suppose to be accrued monthly (is a calculated value: ([current date] - [employee start date]) / 30 days * 1.5
"Store accrued leave days" the number of "Leave Days" taken should not be stored in a table. Calculations should be done as and when needed.

) Employee ID (is a lookup from the employee table)
3) Store Employee name (is a lookup from the employee table)
2) Store employee start date (is a lookup from the employee table)
I hope these "Lookup" are being used on a form to store the PK and NOT as lookups at the table level.

BTW
Welcome to the forum :):)

"Store accrued leave days" the number of "Leave Days" taken should not be stored in a table. Calculations should be done as and when needed.

I hope these "Lookup" are being used on a form to store the PK and NOT as lookups at the table level.

BTW
Welcome to the forum :):)
Hello hello hello BOB, may be i dont get you . In the table design view, when you create a table, under data type. you there is an option to select lookup wizard and you will be required to specify whether the values should be from the another table or you will type them

Hello hello hello BOB, may be i dont get you . In the table design view, when you create a table, under data type. you there is an option to select lookup wizard and you will be required to specify whether the values should be from the another table or you will type them
Yes, you can also walk off a kerb at the side of the road and cross it with your eyes closed and your hands over your ears.
Just because you can doesn't mean that you should. Read the following link for an explanation of why you shouldn't ;)
Evils of Lookups in tables

Last edited:
The irony of Lookup fields in tables is that naive new developers, who do not yet understand relational database design, are more likely to think they are cool and want to use them. Experienced developers, who have gained a better understanding of relational database design, recognize the difficulties they impose and are far more likely to shun them.

Ultimately, therefore, Lookup fields in table end up causing more difficulties than they alleviate for new developers who try to incorporate them. However, experience being the best teacher, you are free to try them and learn that lesson for yourself.

The irony of Lookup fields in tables is that naive new developers, who do not yet understand relational database design, are more likely to think they are cool and want to use them. Experienced developers, who have gained a better understanding of relational database design, recognize the difficulties they impose and are far more likely to shun them.

Ultimately, therefore, Lookup fields in table end up causing more difficulties than they alleviate for new developers who try to incorporate them. However, experience being the best teacher, you are free to try them and learn that lesson for yourself.
Oh, George. I admire your eloquence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom