Hello, Novice Access User Looking to Upskill, VBA, SQL & Python

mdf87

Local time
Today, 09:49
Greetings,

I've dabbled in all types of applications, but really only feel confident in Excel. Hoping to improve in everything DB related. Starting with Access as it relates to a project I'm working on. Strong interest in Automation and potential integration with the MS Power Platform apps. Work in the U.S.

Regards

Welcome to the forums! We are the most active Microsoft Access community on the internet by far, with posts going back over 20 years!

To get started, I highly recommend you read the post below. It contains important information for all new users to this forum.

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We look forward to having you around here, learning stuff and having fun!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Be warned that there are pitfalls if you take Excel skills to Access. May I respectfully suggest that you look up some articles on NORMALIZATION? If you do that search on this forum (using the SEARCH button in the upper right), that's all the search specification you need, because this IS a database forum. However, if you are doing a web search then you need to search for DATABASE NORMALIZATION because normalization occurs in databases, mathematics, politics, chemistry, medicine, and a few other topics. You would see entirely too many confusing links in that case.

Welcome to AWF, mdf87. To stress what Doc has advised -- Excel (spreadsheet) skills do NOT carry over to Access (database) directly. It's a different object model requiring a different mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom