Hello, World

Rheged85

Local time
Today, 04:53
Hi,

I'm a maritime professional in the UK and currently work for a ship's agency in Merseyside. Being a bit technical, I tend to get lumped with any IT related projects - hence why I'm joining this forum!

I'm currently working on a Supplier Database for our company but I'm sure other projects will crop up in the future so should be a fairly frequent caller on this forum.

I'm relatively new to Access having mostly sorted my problems / solutions in Excel up until now.

Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Hi Rheged85. Welcome aboard AWF!

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Since you have admitted more experience with Excel and little with Access, may I recommend that you look here for various posts, predominantly by our member Uncle Gizmo, regarding the transition between Excel and Access. Also, if you are new to databases in general (rather than simply new to Access), may I add a bit to your reading list? You want to study Database Normalization. Since this is a database forum, you can look for Normalization here. But out in the wilds of the Internet, keep the "Database" part because Normalization by itself can lead to articles in math, politics, diplomacy, chemistry, psychology, and a few other topics where that word is commonly used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom