Help with CSS style sheet (1 Viewer)

cbrace09

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:33
Hi everyone and as awlays, thanks for looking!

I have attached my CSS file and a sample HTML file.

I have spent hours and hours trying to correct a problem i'm having with my style for my web site (using visual studio 08)

As you will notice in the default.htm file (attached) the left column does not grow along with the other columns.

The default.htm is not a finished work by any means.... the light blue bar, just below the header, will be the standard navigation bar. (home, about us, contact us, etc.

The left column, which is shown as a thin white box, will hold a members login control, and when a member is logged in, the same column will show the links related to the members directory.

So, if anyone can figure out how I can get that darn column to look right with the rest of the page, PLEASE HELP ME WITH IT!

Thanks,

Corey

Attachments

• css.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 371

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 09:33
you have only attached your external css file...

also, which browser(s) are you using, or wanting for this to work in? (i assume internet explorer from your style sheet, but any others? do you want it to work in firefox, opera, google chrome, etc?)

(edit: and just curious: why have you put this in the "ASP and ASP.NET" forum?)

Last edited:

altonjone

Local time
Yesterday, 16:33
Hi Friends,
Can you share the screenshot of your form?
So that one can understand your query and can help you.
Without the designed form how can anyone judge what you want.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 09:33
Hi Friends,
Can you share the screenshot of your form?
So that one can understand your query and can help you.
Without the designed form how can anyone judge what you want.

the OP is not talking about access/forms/queries. the OP is talking about HTML/CSS. however, a screenshot of the failed layout as described by cbrace09 on his system would be beneficial.

by the way cbrace09, you still have not provided all the files required to help you (there was not HTML file in the attachment, only the CSS) - have you solved the issue for yourself? if so, could you post your working files (and described what you had to do) so that others may learn?

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:33
I have very limited experience with html, but I have done some work in dreamweaver, and I believe this is expected. If the height is not specified, the div will only be as long as is needed. Just set the height of both left and right columns to the same number. That should fix things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom