Solved Hi team, I have a Tab control question for my form. (1 Viewer)

Teri Bridges

Local time
Today, 03:00
I have one main form "Courses" and within that form I have two sub-forms on tab controls (Pages) "Event" and "Issue Log". Currently, the users can click the tab and move between the two tabs (subforms).

In the Events tab subform there is a check box for Issue (yes/no), I would like to have the check box, when selected, open the tab or page "Issue Log". I am not sure how to do this can someone help?

I need the tab page with the subform to open because it is tied to the Course ID (Auto populates). Opening just the issue subform is not bound to a course record.

Right now the user has to select yes/no if there is an issue and then select the Issue log to enter the issue. If I can get the Issue log tab to automatically open that would be nice.

Yes, I am new to access.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 04:00
To switch pages of a tab control you simply set the value of the tab control. It is 0 based so the first tab is page 0.

To move to the second tab
me.TabControlName = 1

MajP

Local time
When you are designing you may not know what order to put your tabs, so you might not want to hard code a value. You may want to call it by name instead
Me.tabCtlOne.Pages("pgEvent").SetFocus
or
Me.tabCtlOne.Value = Me.tabCtlOne.Pages("pgEvent").PageIndex

Teri Bridges

Local time
To switch pages of a tab control you simply set the value of the tab control. It is 0 based so the first tab is page 0.

To move to the second tab
me.TabControlName = 1
Did not work. I might not have explained myself well. I have a button, when I click the button, I would like the tab that the issue log is on to open.

Teri Bridges

Local time
When you are designing you may not know what order to put your tabs, so you might not want to hard code a value. You may want to call it by name instead
Me.tabCtlOne.Pages("pgEvent").SetFocus
or
Me.tabCtlOne.Value = Me.tabCtlOne.Pages("pgEvent").PageIndex
Did not work. I might not have explained myself well. I have a button, when I click the button, I would like the tab that the issue log is on to open.

MajP

Local time
I would like the tab that the issue log is on to open.
You definitely are not explaining it then. The code I provided switches focus to the selected tab. Can you post what you really wrote? Can you show a screenshot of your form?

Teri Bridges

Local time
You definitely are not explaining it then. The code I provided switches focus to the selected tab. Can you post what you really wrote? Can you show a screenshot of your form?
I am sorry, here is my tab control, if I am understanding correctly
1695073091630.png

Here is the page and subform my button is on, it is a yes/no button
1695073306872.png

Here is the page I would like to open when the check box is selected
1695073382595.png

Teri Bridges

Local time
I have one main form "Courses" and within that form I have two sub-forms on tab controls (Pages) "Event" and "Issue Log". Currently, the users can click the tab and move between the two tabs (subforms).

In the Events tab subform there is a check box for Issue (yes/no), I would like to have the check box, when selected, open the tab or page "Issue Log". I am not sure how to do this can someone help?

I need the tab page with the subform to open because it is tied to the Course ID (Auto populates). Opening just the issue subform is not bound to a course record.

Right now the user has to select yes/no if there is an issue and then select the Issue log to enter the issue. If I can get the Issue log tab to automatically open that would be nice.

Yes, I am new to access.
I was able to get it to work even though I got this error when I first ran the event. It seems to be working and recording my entries.
1695076451936.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom