hi ,

just_Noor

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:13
i am new to access and i had a question , i want to make a form design that every time i make new one it goes same as the design i made so i dont need to design every new one i make.

First, welcome to the forum. That was your first post.

Second, there are several ways to do this but the method I used was to create a form that had no bound controls. It did, however, have command buttons and other things like error handling "stubs." It had certain event actions built-in like looking up the user information including role and department code. It had some safeguards built in to that code to prevent accidental saves and accidental deletes.

This form became my "prototype" which I could copy to another form name and immediately start editing the custom controls, bind them to a recordset, and finish any linkages that needed linking for that form. I'm going to estimate that for the simple forms it did 60% of the work and I only needed to fill in 40%. For the complex forms, I obviously had more to fill in, but the important part was that I could start from something other than a blank form with no infrastructure.

Doing it this way, with commonly used command buttons like Undo All, Save, Create, Delete, Close, Help, Report Error, and a few others that came up now and then, and with the background color and border already defined, these forms all had the same "look and feel" as the other forms made from that same prototype form. That gave the forms a "unified" appearance, which was well received by the users thereof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom