Solved Hide pull down menu of navigation pane at run time

so10070

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:28
Can I hide this pull down menu on run time?
Pull_down.png

Try setting Allow Shortcut Menu to No or uncheck it in Options.

As theDBguy told you
332.PNG

run time?
runtime version? shortcut menu is disable.
for accdb, you can replace your shortcut menu by creating 2 macro:

1. create the first macro and name it mcrNoShortCut:
mcrNoShortCut.jpg

2. create the second macro and name it mcrmcrMenuNoShortcutKey:

mcrMenuNoShortCut.jpg

on design view of the form, set the shortcutmenu property:
prop.jpg

save your form.

open Form4 on the demo db.

you can also create custom shortcut menu using VBA (need reference to Microsoft Office XX.X Object Library).

Attachments

For forms, there is no real advantage in using macros to do this, as it can be done by setting the Shortcut Menu property to False

By chance I published an article on this very topic two days ago following an email from another developer.
My article was about disabling shortcut menus in reports, which do not have a Shortcut Menu property.
As well as the macro based solution given above, I have also provided the VBA code needed to disable all 6 report shortcut menus in report / layout view and print preview

For forms, there is no real advantage in using macros to do this, as it can be done by setting the Shortcut Menu property to False
No, it dont.
The image on Post#1 is shortcut for Different Form View (like design view, etc.)

Last edited:
OK - setting the ShortcutMenu to False disables all shortcut menus apart from the Tab when using Tabbed Documents display.
Using macros does also disable the Tab shortcut menu.

However, creating a 'dummy' shortcut menu which says shortcuts are disabled isn't in my opinion ideal.
For that reason, I prefer the VBA solution of disabling all relevant command bars . . . though it is more work to setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom