How do I get the code to look at a table for the e-mail addresses? (1 Viewer)

gold007eye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
How do I send email from a table list?

Can anyone please help me or lead me in the right direction as to how I can have this code be more effecient, by storing the e-mail address information in a table and having this code look to the table or a query to figure out which e-mail address(es) to send to? See the code in red that is where I would rather have something like:

Code:
.To: = [Table]![Send Mail]![Email Address] Where [Table]![Send Mail]![To] = True And [Table]![Send Mail]![AR Code]="V1"
.CC: = [Table]![Send Mail]![Email Address] Where [Table]![Send Mail]![CC] = True And [Table]![Send Mail]![AR Code]="V1"
.BCC: = [Table]![Send Mail]![Email Address] Where [Table]![Send Mail]![BCC] = True And [Table]![Send Mail]![AR Code]="V1"

That is just my thoughts of what I am trying to accomplish with it. Also keeping in mind that either of those may need to be sent to multiple e-mail addresses. So I'm not sure how to account for that as well. As in Outlook where you would enter a ";" between e-mail addresses.

Any help would be much appreciated, because having to modify a form everytime someone is added or removed is not very efficient; especially when you have to jump through hoops to move a front end from Test to Production.

Code:
'==== A/R 06,40,71,97,V1 Code Start ====
If Me![A/R Code] = "06" Or _
   Me![A/R Code] = "40" Or _
   Me![A/R Code] = "71" Or _
   Me![A/R Code] = "97" Or _
   Me![A/R Code] = "V1" Then

Dim mail
Set mail = Nothing
' Send by connecting to port 25 of the SMTP server.
Dim iMsg
Dim iConf
Dim Flds
Dim strHTML

Const cdoSendUsingPort = 2

Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

Set Flds = iConf.Fields
' Set the CDOSYS configuration fields to use port 25 on the SMTP server.
With Flds
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = cdoSendUsingPort
    'ToDo: Enter name or IP address of remote SMTP server.
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "usahm204.amer.corp.eds.com"
    .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpconnectiontimeout") = 10
    .Update
End With
' Build HTML for message body.
strHTML = "<HTML>"
strHTML = strHTML & "<HEAD>"
strHTML = strHTML & "<BODY>"
strHTML = strHTML & "This is an automated e-mail to let you know that <b><font color=#FF0000>" & [Name of Requestor] & "</b></font> from <b><font color=#FF0000>" & [Department of Requestor] & "</b></font> has submitted a new <b><font color=#FF0000>A/R " & [A/R Code] & "</b></font> request in PERD."
strHTML = strHTML & "</BODY>"
strHTML = strHTML & "</HTML>"
' Apply the settings to the message.
With iMsg
    Set .Configuration = iConf
    [COLOR="Red"].To = "<Test.Email@eds.com>;<Test2.Email@eds.com>" 'ToDo: Enter a valid email address.
    .Cc = "<Test.CC@eds.com>"
    .Bcc = "<Test.BCC@eds.com>",[/COLOR]
    .From = "PERD Request<Test.Dummy@eds.com>" 'ToDo: Enter a valid email address.
    .Subject = "New A/R " & [A/R Code] & " Request"
    .HTMLBody = strHTML
    .Send
End With
' Clean up variables.
Set iMsg = Nothing
Set iConf = Nothing
Set Flds = Nothing
'==== A/R 06,40,71,97,V1 Code End ====

Last edited:

KernelK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:18
I would use an ADO recordset object to capture the email data that you want from the table. Then loop through the recordset to add the addresses to the email. Since you have all the addresses stored in the recordset object, you could put multiple addresses together by looping through your recordset and concatenating them into a string seperated by ";". Much like you did constructing your strHTML variable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom