how do I stop headers repeating in reports

Ron Mitchell

Local time
Today, 00:54
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie although I've written a database for a classic car which till now has worked well.

i'm trying to improve the reporting for our new membership secretary.

I have a report to show members cars by region.

the trouble is that the members details repeat as headers as many times as they have cars.

I'm attaching a PDF to illustrate the problem and a suitably cut-back copy of my database.

I get that its probably something to do with the query but as hard as I try I cant figure it out.
Your help would be much appreciated

Attachments

I only looked at the PDF; I rarely look into DB files.

Headers repeat if they are included in the design of the section in which they are appearing... which in this case is probably a header section. I would look there first.

How about some instructions on what to run and what to enter? :-(

You have everything in the detail section, that is why?
You should be grouping by member. have those header details in the group header and the car info in the detail section.
1724517216364.png

You have everything in the detail section, that is why?
You should be grouping by member. have those header details in the group header and the car info in the detail section.
View attachment 115792
Hi and thanks for your help. However no matter how hard i try i cant get the required result. I got as far as getting one member with his car repeated for the whole page.
I’m attaching a copy of the report layout in the hope that you might be able you to tell me where the elements should go.
I would much appreciate any help as issue is frustrating my every effort.

Attachments

No need for a sub report I believe.

Have a look at Gasman report.

Attachments

You might have nearly the same tables (level of detail) in the main report as the subreport. Typically any table in the recordsource of the subreport shouldn’t be in the main report.

You also need to Group your report by MemNo field.

Attachments

After reviewing your original file, I confirmed my guess that you had included the detail table [Car] in the main report's record source. Remove it and your report will look like:
1725303450501.png

As gasman suggested, a subreport might not be required.

Your bottom line should have the height set to 0 to get rid of the stairstep appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom