how to combine tables into a query (1 Viewer)

C

capri

Looks like I didn't think far enough ahead when designing my database, now I'm not sure how to combine 2 tables into a query.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a number of activites that are either the responsibility of a Service Provider (SP), Service Manager(SM) or Departments. Originally I only needed to know which activities were to be done by the departments. Each Department would likely be responible for doing their portion of a given activity. Now I've been requested to relate Dept. A, Dept. B etc to each of the Department activities. I created a Department table no problem (but am not sure it will work- Fields ID NAME DESCRIPTION). My Activity table has the 3 fields SP, SM and Department as either Yes or No.

I can run a query to get all the Department activities. I want to be able to eventually produce a Report that shows Activity 1..completed by Dept A & C ( not by B, D & E)
Activity 2 completed by Dept A, B & E ( not by C & D)etc. Perhaps even include a date when the activity was completed.

My mind is drawing a blank as to how to combine the two tables to get the desired results.

Any ideas???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom