How to ensure the open recordset include also any new record entered (1 Viewer)

nectorch

Local time
Today, 22:34
I want the open record set below to include the current type in record or new record, but it does nothing , it only include history data or prior record not current record being entered by users.

Is there a way to force the code below to also include the current or new record being being captured?

Here is the VBA

Code:
Dim db As Database
Dim rs As Recordset
Dim strSQL As String
Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
Dim prm As DAO.Parameter
Set db = CurrentDb
Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("QrySmartInvoiceResidualBalancePOS")
For Each prm In qdf.Parameters
prm = Eval(prm.Name)
Next prm
Set qdf = Nothing
strSQL = "SELECT Nz(Sum(StockBalance),0)As Balance FROM [QrySmartInvoiceResidualBalancePOS] Where [ProductID] =" & Me.ProductID
Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges)
DoCmd.Requery
Me.CurrentStock = Nz(rs!Balance, 0)
rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
Set db = Nothing
Set qdf = Nothing
Set prm = Nothing

Commit the record before opening the record set. If in a form you can use Me.dirty = false.

Is there a way to include record set clone so that the above code can include any record in currently the subform, that what I'm looking for.

I have added that code but nothing is working out

Me.dirty = false

There is a huge amount of unnecessary code in that routine, that could all be replaced with

Me.CurrentStock = DSum("StockBalance","QrySmartInvoiceResidualBalancePOS","[ProductID] = " & Me.ProductID

Thank you minty both codes above works okay but the problem is that the subform current record showing on the picture is not taken into , I expected the current balance of 96 to be reducing when a user add a new line:

1.Line => 96 - 1 = 95
2.Line = > 95 - 1 = 94
3.Line = > 94 -1 = 93
4.line = > 93 -1 = 92

That is what is required

Testings.png

If your code muddles with the sub-form's .Recordset, do a sub-form.Requery just after you have updated the recordset. Since a .Requery triggers the form in question to do a .Refresh, you don't even have to tell it to refresh. Or shouldn't, anyway.

Code:
me.name-of-subform-control.Form.Requery

Note that you DO NOT refer to the name of the sub-form here... you refer to the name of the control that HOLDS the sub-form. You never actually use the sub-form name in this context. The English of that command is: Look at my current form, find the named sub-control, look at the form active in that subform control, and requery it. Since you had the implied .Form property to point to that sub-form, you didn't need the actual form name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom