How to run accde database into accdr (Microsoft Access Runtime Application)

Hamatto

Local time
Today, 09:45
Hello, Friends
Really, thanks for you all
I want to know How to run accde database into accdr (Microsoft Access Runtime Application)
is it only by change the extension manually from accde to accdr? or there is a program convert accde to accdr?
and why some people convert accde to accdr? is accdr more protected than accde?or what?
your help is always appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Accdr is an extension which allows you to run an accdb in run-time mode. You might do that, for example, to validate/test the file before distributing it for use with the Access Runtime. It does nothing to change the accde itself.

Accdes are physically converted from accdbs.

There's no point that I can see in trying to rename a file with the accde extension to an accdr extension.

The only benefit in renaming ACCDE to ACCDR is that it removes many interface items for users with full versions of Access.
However, anyone can easily change the file type back to ACCDE and get the full interface back again.

If you want to do this, then I suggest you add code which will immediately close the app if the file type isn't .ACCDR

You can rename the .accdb to .accdr. There is no format change. Access simply uses the extension as a command to pretend to be the runtime engine. It is merely a trick to hide aspects of the interface from the user. Given that most of my applications are for internal use only, I only do the minimum locking to prevent accidental damage by the user. I don't need to protect intellectual property and I don't need to protect against hacking. So, compiling to .accde and renaming to .accdr, generally gives me a "good enough" lock down. @isladogs has written extensively on securing a database. If your application is used by the public, you need to go a lot further than just renaming to .accdr given that it is only a trick anyway.

Thanks a lot my friends for helping me to understand that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom