Solved How to send a print job to remote pc? (1 Viewer)

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:27
I'm on PC X and start a remote desktop connection to PC Y. I start a database, run a search form and click a button to print a report of the the result:
Docmd.OpenReport "MyReport",acViewNormal,,MyFilter,,Args

Access sends the print job to local machine (X)'s printer. While I need it to be printed with remote (Y)'s printer.

Now my questions:
  1. Since I'm using a remote desktop, It's just like I'm sitting on the remote PC. Why Access (Windows) sends the print job to local PC's printer? Printing any document (word, Excel, PDF, or any other file) is printed with remote PC. It's only Access that sends print jobs to local machine. Is there any secret that I'm not aware of?
  2. How can I tell Access to send a print job to remote PC when I use acViewNormal?

Thank you.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:27
Just curious, what happens if you uncheck this box in the RDP Settings?

1679966164126.png

KitaYama

Local time
Just curious, what happens if you uncheck this box in the RDP Settings?

View attachment 107190
I'll test it in half an hour and will report back. But unchecking this option, doesn't effect to all other applications that behave normally at present? (Excel, Word, PDF, Cad, Notepad,.....)

KitaYama

Local time
@theDBguy seems that unchecking the mentioned checkbox solves the problem. While I don't understand why only Access is affected by that.
But who cares? As long as it works the way I need, I think it's OK.

Thanks for your assist.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:27
@theDBguy seems that unchecking the mentioned checkbox solves the problem. While I don't understand why only Access is affected by that.
But who cares? As long as it works the way I need, I think it's OK.

Thanks for your assist.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom