I just had to post this...... Gobbledygook

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:44
I saw the title of the article in my news feed, and it was just Gobbledygook to me!

I pride myself in keeping up-to-date with the latest development in science and technology but I've no idea about this, I'm not even going to read the article!

Last edited:
I got a ways into the article but realized that my nuclear physics is a bit rusty for this. They are dealing with what appears to be set of newly discovered particles that appear in leading/bleeding-edge particle physics using some really odd experimental conditions. You would have to be an expert in the field to fully understand this. Unlike the article Uncle G posted recently about the no-propellant propulsion that reached 1 G of force without expelling anything, this one is a LOT harder to get into. Even a PhD in chemistry doesn't give me any special insights.

I would draw the analogy that you might equally be dismayed and confused back in the 1800s when decent optical microscopes were just becoming available and Louis Pasteur proposed that germs caused diseases. Prior to that time, nobody even knew that such things as germs really existed. An article talking about different strains of disease germs, if published back then, would have been as bewildering then as this article is now.

I saw the title of the article in my news feed, and it was just Gobbledygook to me!

I pride myself in keeping up-to-date with the latest development in science and technology but I've no idea about this, I'm not even going to read the article!

yeah that title made my eyes more tired than they were already at 7 am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom