I was wrong!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:04
I recall posting something about Elons mega factory in Germany being built quickly in the efficient German system!

I was wrong, it appears that the Germans have their own particular people who like to scupper progress!

I'd tell Elon to get to the UK and build his factory here, but I'm sure he will run into similar issues here, probably more quickly and more virulent ones.

aren't you USUALLY wrong, Tony? ;)
I'd say that's a fair summation. I seldom provide the correct answer for an OP. I reckon I probably get about 1 in 20 on the nail, and when I do, that's a fantastic feeling! Often I don't understand the OP question, this is quite common with people new to MS Access because they don't understand the terminology. It takes a while to work out what they actually want help with. I usually do this through a series of questions.

Actually, Elon and I wouldn't get along very well. His schedule sounds like it was ambitious. I'm enough of an engineer to understand that a really tight schedule coming in on time is a low-probability event. To paraphrase that great philosopher Forrest Gump, "Stuff happens."

I'm enough of an engineer to understand that a really tight schedule coming in on time is a low-probability event.

Elons strategy is to have a very high failure rate. Learn something from each failure, making progress on each iteration.

Elon realised that rockets were actually very cheap, if you cost them on the material used to make them. The high cost of rocket construction comes from the multi layers of companies, each one taking their cut before the components reach the end user.

With his car production, his strategy is to reduce the number of components. This saves time and money in assembly.

His latest strategy is to injection mould large aluminium castings to form the front and rear chassis components in one piece, saving possibly hundreds of individual components.

This 7 month old interview of Sandy is well worth a look:-

I wasn't wrong, I got the wrong outfit!

In my 2013 blog on blogger here:-

I was convinced that Google was developing the Google car so that they could take the next step and develop the Google robot, based on miniaturization of the car hardware.

However seeing as Elon Musk has just announced the Tesla Robot that should be appearing within the next couple of years, then, my assumption that Google would do it was wrong, but in 2013 I was correct in that an autonomous vehicle easily translates into an autonomous robot for use around the house and will inevitably come, as it evolves from the autonomous car platform as miniaturization advancements continue as we know they will.

The autonomous car is a nice big platform for developing the technology for the much smaller bypedal robot, that will eventually come to every household across the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom