Is it actually possible to trap the button click event on a web browser???? (1 Viewer)

Shallo9

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:12
Hello Again,

I am struck again with this web browser...I am unable to capture the button click event on this web page...the source code looks like

Code:
<divclass="submitBtn clear right">
<inputtype="submit" id="policy-details_Save and Calculate" name="method:calculate" value="Save and Calculate" class="yellowButtonLongest2"/>
</div>

Let me make it clear...
I dont want to click the submit button rather want to save the data entered into the fields to a recordset (further to a table) when this form is submitted successfully.
I am unable to figureout how to trap if the submit (Save & Calculate in my case) button is clicked?

I've tried with the Webbrowser1.DocumentComplete but by then the page has moved to submitted and my recordset got no data to save...

NB: I am not the owner of the website but still belongs to my organisation (Diff Department)

The following code in the above scenario, clicks the button

Code:
ie.Document.all("method:calculate").Click

Hope this might help one of you to see how can i capture the state of the button...
I mean to check if the button is clicked or not...

Honestly..I've spent more than 20 hrs on this..If any of you can tell me if this is actually possible that would be great...I can't afford to spend more time on this....

Many thanks

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
IM not really sure what you mean, do you want to trigger an access event from the web page?

Shallo9

Registered User.
Local time
I've got a Web Browser which displays a form with a submit button. All I am doin' is saving the information filled into the fields of the web browser into a recordset object.

I want to first save them to the table when the user clicks the submit button.
and then navigate t the next page..

HTH

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
How does the web page capture the data, XML?

and do you have much say in the page construction itself?

The reason IM asking is that InfoPath and Adobe Designer can both be used in the manner that you want ie you can use them to build web forms that can connect directly to your db

Shallo9

Registered User.
Local time
Using recordsets
rst1!strFname= ie.Document.getElementById("illustration.member.person.forenames").Value

All I need is to check if the button was clicked or not.

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
that would need to come from the web server one would think as the button event is triggered from inside the browser which Access has no control over, although it could be coded using some kind of server side script, however that is not one of my strong points IM afraid

Maybe a post in the VB.net section may be more fruitful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom