Solved Is it possible to fetch a pic of signature in a report. And can be changed through a table/query or any other means. (1 Viewer)

sbaud2003

Local time
Today, 18:02
Actually I want tp print a report under the signature of some officials. But if the officer get transfered to other section of duty, other officer will take charge.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:32
Without discussing any of the implied legality or propriety, I'll answer the technicality.

Assuming the printer is capable and assuming that you have a file with the person's actual signature, the file specification of the file containing the image of that signature can be loaded to an image control. This will work for a form or a report.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:32
you can put the signature (image) in an Attachment field.
see Form1 on this demo.

Attachments

• PicsInReport.accdb
    672 KB · Views: 24

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:32
Attachment fields are ACE specific and cannot be upsized. They are one of the "abomination" data types introduced in 2007. They are quite convenient and actually intended to hold "multiple" objects, not just one. If you have only ONE signature for a document, then use either the OLE Object data type or a text field with the path to the signature file. Embedded objects bloat an ACE database so I don't recommend storing them unless you have a very limited number. Signatures are probably limited so you can store the object in the employee record.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 14:32
You could include the signature in the report via a subreport. You can load the content of the subreport depending on the case.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:32
you can put in sub-report and you can also put it in the query, together with your table.
since it will only return 1 record (one signature), it will not create extra records.

Attachments

• PicsInReport.accdb
    908 KB · Views: 28

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 05:32
That is functioning, but what, if report is connectec with another table
"... what, if report is connectec with another table..."

Why would a report connect to different tables? It seems to me that there's more to this than has been discussed so far.

sbaud2003

Local time
Today, 18:02
you can put in sub-report and you can also put it in the query, together with your table.
since it will only return 1 record (one signature), it will not create extra records.
Thank you so much sir, No words to express. I am obliged as you understand my problem exectly, what I am facing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom