Is it Possible to Unlock Parts of a Locked field on a form? (1 Viewer)

gold007eye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:03
I'm trying to see if is it possible to only "lock/unlock" parts of a specific field on a form.

Example:

I have a field called CCN with the value of 99-11-001-777-888.

I have code that locks the field based on a users access level in the Security table. What I need to see is if it is possible to unlock only a portion of this field, while retaining the lock on the rest of the field.

Example: I would like certain users to be able to update the "99", "777", & "888" portions of the above example while retaining a lock/preventing changes of the "11" & "001" fields.

Is this even possible and if so, how would I tackle this?

JoanneJames

Registered User.
Local time
In before update event, you could try applying the original value against the new value with some kind of bit-wise operation that would retain the values in the other positions (of course assuming the pattern is always the same)

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Simplest way would be to not store the entire CCN in a single field. Break it up into 2 or more parts, depending on your exact needs, and manage the components as needed, locking-wise.

You can then use a single, unbound, locked Control on Forms, Reports, etc, to display the entire CCN, simply using concatenation of the components.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom