Is this modification to this allen browne form possible

sydawn

Local time
Today, 12:08
Hello again,

I love this form by Allen browne - The - Search2000.zip form at
allenbrowne dot com / ser-62 dot html

However I would like to change the type combo box to a combo box that holds classifications instead ( about 40 of these ) so the user can select classification.

The rest would remain the same.

I am pretty noob so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi sydawn, welcome to the forum. Please upload a copy of your database with minimum data or test data and I will modify it for you.

Raghu

Wow that is really great. As I said I want the type combo box to be a box that has classification ( about 30 classifications will be there but if you could just put a few dummy classifications that will do )

Oh I also have a combo box called emirates - ( can that be added too as a search option? If you dont have the time I understand )

Also on type instead of saying 1, 2 or 3 can it actually display the word ( so for example 1 is elite, 2 is pro etc etc )

The database is attached. Again many many thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Sydawn,

Here it is. You can type over the records in tblClassification.

Hope it is what you are looking for.

Basically I copied tblLevel and renamed it tblClassification and typed Classification1 to Classification4

Then I changed the query to include Classification field.

Then I input the code in the form.

Code:
        'Number field example. Do not add the extra quotes.
    If Not IsNull(Me.cboFilterClassification) Then
        strWhere = strWhere & "([ClassificationID] = " & Me.cboFilterClassification & ") AND "
    End If

Put the elements in the form.

Hope you are it is what you are looking for.

Raghu

Attachments

Last edited:
Wow this is brilliant - yes that is what I wanted. there is one last question I have though. I see this generates the results via the continuous method. If I wanted to place the single view of a highlighted record from the results to the RIGHT of the main form how could I do that and keep the results intact from the continous display ?

What do you mean?? Please sketch on a paper, scan it and upload it.

Hello again,

I mean like the attached image... Is that possible

Attachments

• like this.jpg
    like this.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi Sydawn, It is possible. I will do it and send it to you tomorrow.

Raghu

Hi there,

Great work but the result needs to be on the same page as the grid to avoid the click through additions. I think as subform it can work maybe. Do you have an email I can reach you on ?

Regards

Hi Sydawn,

I live in Melbourne, and my email is raghu[dot]prabhu[at]gmail[dot]com

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom