Keeping sharepoint list/table readable (no need to update) but adding more fields to same table? (1 Viewer)

5hadow

Local time
Today, 04:34
Currently I have a table which is linked to a sharepoint list. It contains all users in my organization with additional information. I'm using this data but it's missing some of the information that I need to track.
My current solution is using this table as is and linking it to my own local table via "ID" field.

Since I don't need to update the sharepoint table, would it be possible to just add more fields at the end of it but keep the "read only" functionality?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
If you are asking if it is possible to add fields to the SP list, then of course that is possible - Unless the list you are talking about is the UserInfo list. That list is generated by SP and cannot be altered.

5hadow

Local time
If you are asking if it is possible to add fields to the SP list, then of course that is possible - Unless the list you are talking about is the UserInfo list. That list is generated by SP and cannot be altered.
Just need to read data, don't need to change any data that comes from SP list. But I do need additional fields.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Since I don't need to update the sharepoint table, would it be possible to just add more fields at the end of it but keep the "read only" functionality?
Yes this is possible. Simply set the Form's fields Enabled property to False. If you ae going to use a join between a SP list and a table, the query you use as your Form's record source will probably be un-updateable anyway. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom