Less than 3mths to go ... (1 Viewer)

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:50
Hi all,

You may remember a while ago I posted about raising money for charity .. some crazy idea I had about doing a 200 mile walk across England, camping along the way.

Well it's now less than 3 months until I start the walk and have over £300 raised for charity thus far - I wondered if you guys might be interested in sponsoring me?

For those who don't know I am walking the Coast to Coast path which goes from St Bees Head on the west coast of England, through the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors to arrive (hopefully intact!) at Robin Hood's Bay on the east coast of England between 10 and 14 days later depending on weather and fitness etc!

There is a website set up at http://www.c2cwalk2009.co.uk with lots of info and a blog following my training & preparation for the walk.

If you're interested in sponsoring me the link is http://www.justgiving.com/c2cwalk2009 which allows the money to go direct to the charity. Even if you can only spare a couple of coins it really does make a big difference to this small, but incredibly important charity (The Fishermen's Mission). My target is £2500 and I am working really hard over the next couple of months to raise as much as I can ... even going to work in wellies for a few days!

Many thanks for your attention, I'll be blogging and tweeting during the walk so feel free to follow @c2cwalk and @RCheesley for updates!

Ruth

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I remember, and I hope you meet your target, this is a very noble cause.

Good luck to you Ruth.

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
Just booked the campsites up for my final training walks, 8-10 May (Derbyshire), 22-25 May (Cumbria), 19-21 June (Dorset Coast Path).

It's quite frightning how quickly it is creeping up on me!!!!!

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
I'm sure if every member of the forum was to donate just £1 you'd be well on your way. And face it, £1 isn't going to break the bank, is it? You wouldn't even notice if you were short changed that amount at the supermarket...

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
Gosh, if even 10% of the forum members sponsored me £1 I'd be elated! 29,293 users registered according to the front page - I'd hazard a guess that there are ~2000 active users - if half of these sponsored at least £2 I'd have reached my target already!

I'm sure if you rummage around down the back of the sofa you'll find a couple of quid to donate :D

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Hmm, there's an idea. OK, I'm going to start putting all my loose change after I've bought lunch into a jar and will donate what I collect in that by mid July.

Also, I'd be happy to read cards (choice of tarot or angel) via PM - just for fun and to encourage them to part with said £2.

Anyone else got any further ideas on how to raise money for Ruth? Let's give her as much encouragement as we can, she really deserves it!!!!!!

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
For Information,

Anyone wishing to sponsor in cash/cheque can do so by private messaging me and I'll provide an address - it will then be added to the "Amount Raised Offline" total which consists of cash donations.

Ruth

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
You wouldn't even notice if you were short changed that amount at the supermarket...
I would. You can take the boy out of Scotland but you can't take .......:)

And yes I am contributing to this.

RCheesley

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your sponsorship Rabbie, it's really appreciated!

Work have just informed me they're putting out a press release tomorrow and I've got to provide some photographs ... erk and double erks :| But it'll be good to get the interest!!

Ruth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom