Linked Table Manager, am I going mad (1 Viewer)

BigJoe9090

Local time
Today, 15:25
Hi,
Not used the Linked Table Manager for a while and wanted to change the source for a linked table from MySQL but when pressing Relink it doesn't give me the option to change the data source location.

I am fairly sure it used to do this.

It just gives me a box to confirm the table name and appear to just Refresh.

2024-10-07 12_05_55-Linked Table Manager.png

Access Version: 2402 (Build 17328.20588)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter

Your screenshot cuts off the buttons on the right side of the dialog. One of them is "Edit". You can use that to chance the connection string for your tables.
1728303653521.png

@GPGeorge , thanks for the reply.

However, the edit becomes clickable when I select the whole group, it is greyed out if I just want to change one table.

2024-10-07 14_21_44-Access - PrinterbaseDEV _ Database- __hyperv-box1_IT_DBrestructure_Printer...png

@GPGeorge , thanks for the reply.

However, the edit becomes clickable when I select the whole group, it is greyed out if I just want to change one table.

View attachment 116371
Okay, you want to relink one out of multiple tables to a table of the same name in a different database? That is not something I normally encounter. Plus it means that table can't be related to other tables in the database because Referential Integrity can't be enforced across different databases. I'm not sure I totally understand the context here.

What I think you'll need to do is create new link to the table in the second database, then drop the link to the original table. Either that, or you could keep both linked and use aliasing to control which one is used.

Someone may have another, better, way to accomplish this goal. Perhaps using VBA would work.

Unfortunately, though, I don't believe the LTM directly supports what you need to do because it runs counter to how tables in a relational database need to maintain constraints on relationships .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom