Solved List View Fill SQL With Criteria ( Convert Access SQL To SQL) (1 Viewer)

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
Today, 02:40
Hello Access Worled ,
I'm Using Following SQL To Fill My List View , it Works Fine but I need to add some criteria as bellow Access SQL

Code:
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset( _
        "SELECT * " & _
        "FROM db_devices_search " & _
        "ORDER BY db_devices_search.device_lineid", dbOpenSnapshot, dbReadOnly Or dbForwardOnly)

' Replace Up Sql With Following Access Sql ,

"SELECT db_devices.device_lineid, db_devices.device_name, db_devices.device_user, db_devices.device_notes, IIf([device_server]=True,"Server","Device") AS device_icon, db_devices.device_status, [device_lineid] & [device_name] & [device_user] & [device_notes] AS SearchCtria FROM db_devices WHERE (((db_devices.device_status) Like "*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_status] & "*") AND (([device_lineid] & [device_name] & [device_user] & [device_notes]) Like "*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_search] & "*"))"

Question :
1 - Help To Write Second Sql As First One
2 - Is There Any Converter from Normal Access Query To SQL?

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:40
Use a variable to construct your SQL string. Then you can output it to the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G) first to make sure you have it correct:
Code:
    Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL =  "SELECT device_lineid, device_name, device_user, device_notes, " & _
                     "IIf([device_server]=True ,'Server', 'Device') AS device_icon, device_status, " & _
                     "device_lineid & device_name & device_user & device_notes AS SearchCtria " & _
              "FROM db_devices " & _
              "WHERE device_status Like '*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_status] & "*' " & _
                "AND device_lineid & device_name & device_user & device_notes Like '*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_search] & "*'"
    Debug.Print strSQL
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot, dbReadOnly Or dbForwardOnly)

I think both Allen Browne and Colin @isladogs (here) both have tools to do this

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 17:40
use Querydefs("QueryName").SQL to get the SQL string:

Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = Currentdb.QueryDefs("Query1").SQL

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
Use a variable to construct your SQL string. Then you can output it to the Immediate Window (Ctrl+G) first to make sure you have it correct:
Code:
    Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL =  "SELECT device_lineid, device_name, device_user, device_notes, " & _
                     "IIf([device_server]=True ,'Server', 'Device') AS device_icon, device_status, " & _
              "FROM db_devices " & _
              "WHERE device_status Like '*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_status] & "*' " & _
                "AND device_lineid & device_name & device_user & device_notes Like '*" & [forms]![frm_devices]![txt_search] & "*'"
    Debug.Print strSQL
    Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot, dbReadOnly Or dbForwardOnly)

I think both Allen Browne and Colin @isladogs (here) both have tools to do this
Mr. cheekybuddha Thank you So Much It's Work Like Magic :giggle::giggle: I just modified little in code just replaced * With %

Code:
 Dim rs     As ADODB.Recordset
   Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim strSQL As String
    strSQL = "SELECT device_lineid, device_name, device_user, device_notes, " & _
             "FROM db_devices " & _
             "WHERE device_status Like '%" & [Forms]![frm_devices]![txt_status] & "%' " & _
             "AND device_lineid & device_name & device_user & device_notes Like '%" & [Forms]![frm_devices]![txt_search] & "%'"
    Debug.Print strSQL
    rs.Open strSQL, CurrentProject.Connection

Thank you So Much 🌹🌹
A.J

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Sounds like you may be looking for this.

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
use Querydefs("QueryName").SQL to get the SQL string:

Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = Currentdb.QueryDefs("Query1").SQL
Mr. arnelgp
I Always Waiting Your Help , And I Appreciate the way you use simplify issues for any one , i tried it work very fine (y), but in this case I'm trying not to create 100 Query Object in my database.
Mr. @cheekybuddha Already Convert the SQL And Work directly assigned to my list view.
Thank You So Much ,
Always Remember "A true act of kindness always sparks another"
A.J
Untitled.png

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:40
You're welcome!

Be aware, it is better to load ControlSources of comboboxes/listboxes using a linked table rather than by using a pass-through query.

As far as I understand, the Access/ODBC engine is smart enough to pull only the records that need to be displayed in the dropdown / visible list, whereas a pass-through needs to retrieve all the records in the recordset, which can appear as a performance hit if there are lots of records returned.

ahmedjamalaboelez

Ahmed J. Aboelez
Local time
You're welcome!

Be aware, it is better to load ControlSources of comboboxes/listboxes using a linked table rather than by using a pass-through query.

As far as I understand, the Access/ODBC engine is smart enough to pull only the records that need to be displayed in the dropdown / visible list, whereas a pass-through needs to retrieve all the records in the recordset, which can appear as a performance hit if there are lots of records returned.
Yes I'm Aware sir , I just use it to fill Active x Controls Like Tree view and List View .
Thanks
A.J
Always Remember "A true act of kindness always sparks another"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom