Make Table from filtered subform

ian_arnold

Local time
Today, 03:38
I am new to VBA and have spent days looking and trying different methods with very little success.

I am building a database where i have to extract various members in a specific industry and put them into another table where it can be viewed at a later date.

I have a main form with a combo box and also check boxes to filter a subform.

I can get the combo box to filter the subform, however can't get the check boxes to work. I then need to append this filtered table to an already existing table for future use.

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Copying the records to multiple tables would dramatically increase the size of your database and can potentially contain stale data. Instead, I would recommend storing the filters themselves, so you can reapply them again later.

In a relational database data doesn't move around...it gets related. You either add a field to the table so you can designate what records are flagged for this or you create a new table and just add those records ids to it so you know which records go where

You don't make tables, set them off to the side or add entire records to other tables. Those are all huge red flags of improperly set up tables

If you give us the big picture of what it is you want to accomplish we can help design the best way to get there. But this path you are choosing is not it.

I am building a database where i have to extract various members in a specific industry and put them into another table where it can be viewed at a later date.

I wonder if something like this might be of use?

Show/Hide Columns AND Export to EXCEL - Nifty Access​

I am new to VBA and have spent days looking and trying different methods with very little success.

I have a main form with a combo box and also check boxes to filter a subform.

I can get the combo box to filter the subform, however can't get the check boxes to work. I then need to append this filtered table to an already existing table for future use.
Can you upload a copy of your database?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom