Memo field on an imported table (1 Viewer)

donnaarth

Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
I imported a table from SQL to Access 2003 and one of the field types is memo. Here's what the data looks like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Microsoft Sans Serif;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard{\pntext\f1\'B7\tab}{\*\pn\pnlvlblt\pnf1\pnindent0{\pntxtb\'B7}}\f0\fs17 2/11/2011 MM - Received fax from Steve and converted item # to Acor item # and verified pricing for customer service.\par
}

I only want to see the part I showed in blue. Not the font and other information. Does someone know if there's a way to do that?

Thank you

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Never had that happen... Have you tried creating a link to that table and then copy/paste local copy from within Access...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Looks like the data stored in the table is .rtf format. If you don't get an answer. Try contacting support at www.fmsinc.com I think their third party memo control is .rtf. They may be able to tell you how to strip the formatting. The control that comes with A2007 is XML but the technique to strip the formatting may be the same.

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:32
Hi Donna.

The solution is probably that you keep plain text in the data tab; choose 'rich text' and you will get what you want.

JLCantara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom