Solved Microsoft VBA (1 Viewer)

Snowflake68

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:48
Do Microsoft plan to stop supporting VBA in 2027?
I have just watched an internal presentation from one of our suppliers of the ERP software we use and it says that VBA will no longer be supported from 2027.
Does anyone know if this is true?

2027 is surely nonsense. Office 2024 is about to be released and it will have support until 2029, including for VBA.

I suspect 1 Billion Excel users might have something to say about that...

They have possibly picked up on the fact that New Outlook doesn't support it, and added that up 2+2 = 5

I so glad that this might not be the case as I have built numerous applications for my customers and this would have a major impact on them.

2027 is surely nonsense. Office 2024 is about to be released and it will have support until 2029, including for VBA.
How do you know this? Is there any information out there that supports this?

I have just watched an internal presentation from
one of our suppliers of the ERP software we use and it says that VBA will no longer be supported from 2027.
Hardly an unbiased source for information about what one has to assume is a direct competitor to Microsoft.

Thank you thats good to know. I hope that it includes MS Access (as well as VBA)
Of course it does. Please pardon my irritation over this, but misinformation about "the future of Access" surfaces all the time, usually from a competitor trying to denigrate Microsoft in general and Microsoft Access in particular.

Microsoft has lots of problems and shortcomings we can all agree on, but when it comes to information about Microsoft's plans for software, the most reliable source of information about Microsoft's plans is, quite logically, Microsoft, not their competitors.

I have just watched an internal presentation from one of our suppliers of the ERP software we use and it says that VBA will no longer be supported from 2027.

Ask where they got this information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom