Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 (1 Viewer)

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:02
Hi Everyone

I'm trying to give away a database that i created in Access 2003 as a free standing standalone program.

I found the following information on the net:

The runtime components themselves are included with any installation of Access 2003.
But in order to distribute a runtime solution you need to have a license; this came with the Microsoft Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions, which were a part of Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003. Microsoft doesn't sell this any more, since they have moved on to later versions of both Visual Studio and Access, so your best bet would be to find someone who is willing to sell their license to you (or perhaps there's a computer software shop that still has a copy gathering dust on the shelves).

Does anyone know where to get this item from or any other hints as to how I might be able to achieve my goal.

Kindest Regards

Tony

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:02
Later versions of Access runtime do not have this limitation and will run 2003 files.

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I already have
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 For Office Runtime(64) and
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 Installed on my PC
Should this enable me to save this database as freestanding?
Kind Regards
Tony

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:02
There is no way to make an Access database "freestanding". It either requires Access or Access Runtime installed on the computer. Runtime can be downloaded from Microsoft and is freely distributable.

You could redevelop the front end in VB.NET but that is a big task.

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

I think the penny has just dropped. I think I am in need of a brain transfusion.

I take it that all you have to do is ship run-time in a self extracting zip-file or something similar along with the .mdb file.

Thanks for all of your help and time

Regards

Tony

andrrivalle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:02
It is really an important infoamtion for me particularly.Thanks for the nice contribution.This community is a good source of getting information.

HCG Drops

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom