Modern Chart Improvements are now available in the 365 Current Channel

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:12
I am very pleased to announce that the long-awaited improvements to Access modern charts are now being rolled out to all 365 users in the Current Channel starting with version 2409 build 18025.20104 released on 25 September.

There are 10 new chart types: area / radar / arc / box and whisker / bubble / doughnut / funnel / scatter / waterfall / word cloud.

ModernChartsMenu_v2409.png

In addition, there are additional features in both new & existing charts:
  • gridlines in 10 chart types
  • data labels in pie / arc / doughnut charts
  • a new Chart Settings Format task pane with features that depend on the chart type in use.
NOTE: these improvements will only be available in Access 365. They are not included in the forthcoming Access 2024 being released soon.

I have published a lengthy web article with full details of the various new features:

A shorter version of the article has also been published on the AccessForever blog site:

If you want to provide any feedback on the improvements to modern charts, please email me and I will forward them to the Access team.

Last edited:
Neither article mentions how the VBA object model for Access charts has been updated.

What changes/examples are there for interacting with the Modern Charts via VBA?

(Cross-posted at UA)

My article was long enough without going into the code! :p
In any case, I'm waiting for the documentation of each property to be completed before covering what can be done in code.
However, I forgot to include the link (which I have just added to both articles):

So far, I've not found any methods or properties available in code that aren't available via the property sheet or chart settings pane (or vice versa)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom