Solved Ms access DB closeing automatically

Rashid

Local time
Today, 10:35
When I open my ms access DB it opens and dissappear automatically.i am using window 10,office 10
Can I send video clip

When I open my ms access DB it opens and dissappear automatically.i am using window 10,office 10
Can I send video clip
I don't know what you can do. Have you tried to attach a video file/

Cannot see where a video clip is going help?
Have you tried holding the shift key down when you open it?

Would probably be better if you uploaded the db, zipped if large and see if someone else can open it?
Do you have any backups you can go to?

Last edited:
Maybe it's not opening correctly. Do you get any messages? Is there a licensing issue with Access maybe?

A few questions are in order.

1. What kind of file is it? MDB, ACCDB, MDE, ACCDE, ACCDR, something else?

2. Do you get an error message? If so, what?

3. If you attempt to open the DB (and it fails), if you open Windows Task Manager and immediately check for open processes, is there a copy of MSACCESS.EXE floating around in memory somewhere?

4. Using the shift-key bypass trick might get you in to where you could check the content in design mode. But as long as opening it results in an immediate closure, I would say that a video probably wouldn't help much. Can you try to open when holding down the SHIFT key while clicking on the DB's icon?

5. This next idea is unlikely - but not impossible. You would use this if nothing else worked.

The odds are pretty high that the closure is programmed, not the result of a failure. HOWEVER, if you put your cursor in the "Type here to search" box next to the start button (lower left corner), then type EVENT, you will be given a list that would allow you to open Event Viewer. If you open Event Viewer to the System event logs, you can search for the date and time of day at which you most recently had the DB close on you. Non-error closures should not show up in the system event logs.

IF there is a recorded failure within a couple of minutes of the time you last had this kind of odd behavior, you might find an error in the log. If the problem is a program failure of some sort, post a screen shot of it including any condition codes. (Condition Code is one of the fields appearing in a program error report but it doesn't appear in informational or hardware error reports.) This is an unlikely situation and even if you try it, you might find nothing - but I'm trying to be complete on how to track this down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom