MS SQL Server cloud database Performance

nector

Local time
Today, 18:06
The performance of the cloud database is not impressive compared to local MS Access database evening after making sure that the following are done:

(1) All calculation are done by the server itself
(2) All combo boxes load empty until four matching characters are type in
(3) All reports are powered by views
(4) The only objects binded to linked tables are data entry forms , but make sure they do not load with data we have turn on the data entry property
(5) All reports that require union queries are done directly in the server
(6) We made sure that the access front end does no calculations whatsoever or simply a mirror of what the back end does.

The performance is still not good especially the point of sales , I'm afraid this will create unnecessary ques/long lines, I have also noticed the freezing of forms when saving the data though its temporary but I do not like it. Does it mean that I'm missing something here?????????//

What type of network connection do you have from the PC to the Cloud.
What's the average latency. You can check here

There can be some benefits to processing locally then uploading the finalised results in one hit.
Depends on the volume of data etc.

We are currently using WIFi all the machines are using one network or hooked to a router.

Wi-fi is always a poor relation to a hardwired connection even with a non-Access backend, and can make a significant difference to performance and reliability.

What is your average latency from the checker, it ideally needs to be around 30 Ms for sensible performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom