msaccess 2003 does not accept shapes like the background (Picture) it asks me to change it as bmp

MishaInc

Local time
Today, 15:34
I have been unable to add a jpg graphic as a background in a form for 4 days. To begin with, when I go to properties to select the image, the jpgs do not appear. I force it to search for them and when I select it, it tells me that I cannot upload it because it is too large or it does not support it. I try to change the format to bmp.
But I use another computer and it allows me to do it. I have already uninstalled MSAccess 2003 and 365 and reinstalled them. And it keeps giving me the same error.
problem on Laptop.

Please Help me.

Well obviously some difference between computers?
Which version of Access are you now trying, as I do not believe you can have both without some extra work?

Does the working computer have both versions installed?

I have been unable to add a jpg graphic as a background in a form for 4 days. To begin with, when I go to properties to select the image, the jpgs do not appear. I force it to search for them and when I select it, it tells me that I cannot upload it because it is too large or it does not support it. I try to change the format to bmp.
But I use another computer and it allows me to do it. I have already uninstalled MSAccess 2003 and 365 and reinstalled them. And it keeps giving me the same error.
problem on Laptop.

Please Help me.
I think you already have the answer in the problem description,

".To begin with, when I go to properties to select the image, the jpgs do not appear. I force it to search for them ..."

That version of Access doesn't support jpgs; i.e. it doesn't show them as a supported file type.

How did you go about "forc[ing] it to search for them"?

it tells me that I cannot upload it because it is too large or it does not support it.
But I use another computer and it allows me to do it.

The question is then based on a simple experiment. You have a .JPG file. On the machine that fails, and separately on the machine that allows it, do a right-click Open of the .JPG file and see which utility comes up. If Windows (on the misbehaving machine) cannot touch the file, it is possibly because there is no File Type Association with the file so Windows doesn't think it knows what it is. Though how a .JPG would become unknown is rather unlikely. If someone deleted the program that normally handles that file type, that would delete the association. And I recall that I had issues with .JPG files for a brief time when Microsoft decided to emphasize Paint3D over "ordinary" Paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom