Multiuser Login Form. Help needed.

Declan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:21
Okay. Hi.

I'm a complete newbie to Access, I can just about figure that I want to use VBA coding to do this, however.

Essentially, I have a database of usernames and passwords called 'tbl_User' which contains there 'UserLogin' and 'Password' fields. I want to create a Login Form which contains two textboxes, one for the user to enter their 'UserLogin' and their 'Password.

If the user has left one or more fields blank, I want nothing to happen apart from a message popping up explaining they need to fill all details in.

If both boxes are filled out, I want the database to check that the username is listed in the database, under the 'UserLogin' section which contains all usernames. If it isn't message, if it is, it then checks the password to see if it is the matching one. If not, message etc, if yes, login access granted.

(( On a separate note, is there an easy way for a user to add a new employee to the User table, with an autogenerated username (which will be the first letter of their first name, and then there last name, and then '01' or '02' if there's already 01, etc.., and an autogenerated password that will be able for them to change on their first login? ))

I viewed that, however when trying to download the file, it wouldn't let me. Thank you though. ^^

There are other examples on the internet. Are you currently in a restricted location that will not let you download?

No, I'm not. I'm just at home. When I tried to download it, I then went to open it and it said Network Error, I'd debugged, restarted and all sorts, but it just won't happen.

Regarding other examples, I'm currently going through a youtube video that seems to be working well, at least where I am so far. Although it isn't synced to a database, i'm hoping the next video shows how to do it like that.

I still am stuck on the automatic entry into a database field, however.

Hmm...have you looked at the NorthWind sample db that comes with Access? I believe it has some of that detail.

I haven't. I didn't know Access came with one, where can I find that? When I look in recent or browse, I can't find it on my system. :/

Oh and I'm using 2013 proffesional plus, if that makes any difference.

I downloaded that db and it seems to work just fine for me.

I haven't. I didn't know Access came with one, where can I find that? When I look in recent or browse, I can't find it on my system. :/

Oh and I'm using 2013 proffesional plus, if that makes any difference.
Just go to File>New> and there it is along with a ton of other templates.

Ah, okay. Thank you very much, I'll try that. ^^

I downloaded the link I gave you. It looks like what you want. I can zip it up and email it to you if you want. It is an accdb.

I can't seem to login, can I ask the admin password? Do you know that?
The password is encrypted but you can run the frmUsers and change it without knowing what the old password was.

When I try to do as such, the database closes.

Also, when opened, it shows a message:

Your Microsoft Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'CapiCom.dll' version 2.1, is this just because I don't have this file on my computer, and so the database should still work fine?

Are you holding down a <SHIFT> key until the db is completely open?

The OP appears to have abandoned this thread and started anew....

Here:-
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=283911

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom