My Keyboard Type Randomly (1 Viewer)

DavidWright

Local time
Today, 02:24
Hello friends, I am encountering a serious issue that I can't seem to solve it anymore. Actually, when I type something it randomly types. Could someone please help me how can I fix it?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:24
faulty keyboard? sticking keys? some application running in the background that uses sendkeys? downloaded a virus?

suggest in the fist instance, change your keyboard and reboot

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Are you running an Access form which has a timer event? If so, typing in the VBE can have unpredictable results.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Wondered about that one but discounted it since this thread is in the windows forum

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:24
Since this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

You said "can't solve it anymore." Was that a turn of phrase or did this happen before and you fixed it?

When you say "types randomly" it would help to have a verbal description of the symptoms.

Basically, if a keyboard is throwing random letters or letters with apparently random timing, it would APPEAR to be a faulty keyboard. What kind of connection do you have? The old RS232-C or a USB connection? We had one case many years ago in which we had the "Root Beer" syndrome - when a person spilled a drink into the keyboard. Even though it was originally sealed, wear had taken its tool and root beer did the rest.

So... give us more definite symptoms, please.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Rightly or wrongly, I tend to ignore the forum as its not always appropriate to the question
Wait & see when the OP responds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom