My wife found her boss' paycheck stub on the floor, what to do?

bdhtexas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:12
My wife and her boss, a Phd Nurse Practitioner were meeting this afternoon in her office. Her boss got up to leave and after her boss left her office; my wife found her boss' paycheck stub lying on the floor under the chair her boss had been sitting in, the stub was from last September 2006.

The other day, my wife took an envelope out of her boss' inbox in the mail room, someone else had already opened it. The contents were about my wife, it was a list of all the days she has taken and accrued for sick, vacation, etc. It was obviously something addressed to her boss from one of the HR personnel, so her boss never received it. My wife gave the paperwork to her boss during the meeting today.

My wife doesn't know what to do, did her boss plant this pay stub so that my wife could find it to see if she's trustworthy or not.

What does my wife do about finding this paycheck stub about her boss' pay?

My question is, why was he carrying aroung a pay stub from Septemeber 2006? I think I would confront him as it seems to be a planted pay stub to me.

My wife and her boss, a Phd Nurse Practitioner were meeting this afternoon in her office. Her boss got up to leave and after her boss left her office; my wife found her boss' paycheck stub lying on the floor under the chair her boss had been sitting in, the stub was from last September 2006.

The other day, my wife took an envelope out of her boss' inbox in the mail room, someone else had already opened it. The contents were about my wife, it was a list of all the days she has taken and accrued for sick, vacation, etc. It was obviously something addressed to her boss from one of the HR personnel, so her boss never received it. My wife gave the paperwork to her boss during the meeting today.

My wife doesn't know what to do, did her boss plant this pay stub so that my wife could find it to see if she's trustworthy or not.

What does my wife do about finding this paycheck stub about her boss' pay?

Sounds like someone wants to plant a knife in her back without leaving their fingerprints. A rather cowardly approach to conducting any type of business.
I am sure as you and your wife are so concerned about this that you are people of quality morals and are undeserving of such attacks. I would suggest that your wife would want to make sure she watches her back and continues to professionally do the right thing. Her good record is her best protection.
In the end good work ethics and conducting yourselves above reproach is the best defence.

Return the stub stating where it was found and be very open about it. preferably hand it back when others are aroind simply saying "believe this belongs to you, it was found wherever.

Keep it open and public then no accusations of duplicity or underehandness can be made

L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom