Mysterious character change

Matt Greatorex

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:20
I have a report in which the right hand data comes from one query and the left is found from a second query.

As of about an hour ago, I'd finally got the whoe thing working. Now, however, whenever I open the the report - preview or print - the left hand numbers are all displayed in Chinese (I think) characters.

What can cause this? I haven't made any changes to the report since I found it was working.

Any suggestions welcome, as it's making the confirmation of data changes rather difficult. :D

It might be some corruption. Have you tried compacting/repair? Also, you might need to try to import everything into a blank database.

Please don't say it's the dreaded 'c' word! :D

I've tried compact and repair, recreating one of the controls, and copying the whole report into another Db. I think iyou're right and mporting into a blank may be my only option.

One question, do you know how I'd keep the various drop-down menus I've created for the application? Lasy time I imported I did/didn't do something that caused me to lose them.

When you do the import process, there is a point at which you select your tables, queries, etc. There is a button on the bottom right that says OPTIONS and you can select the checkbox that says "Menus and Toolbars."

Unfortunately, this made no difference to the characters.

Unless anyone has any other ideas, it looks as though I'm starting the report from scratch. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom