New IronWolf Pro HD from Amazon (1 Viewer)

KevinBaker

Local time
Today, 07:08
I ordered and received 4 - 14TB IronWolf Pro hard drives from Amazon. The manufacture date on the drives was 9/2021. I go to Seagate's website and register each drive, which will show the end date of the warranty. The listing on Amazon show these drives come with a 5 year warranty, however the end date returned after registering where all in 2025 (different months).

I contacted support (via Chat) on Amazon. They offered to replace the drives, but no guarantee the replacement drives would be any better.

I've been trying to contact Seagate to ask them how this works, but still searching for a way to achieve this.

Any advice? These drive were $245.00 each!

Thanks,
Kevin

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:08
I'd send it back and ask for a refund. In my experience Amazon will not let suppliers get away with things like that and they will honour the refund.

Please note I have responded to bump your post up so that it gets a second look.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:08
You talked to Amazon support or Seagate? I had a similar issue with a Lenovo laptop, and after a call to Lenovo they adjusted the warranty end date appropriately. I did have to send a pic of the invoice documenting when I purchased it.

KevinBaker

Local time
You talked to Amazon support or Seagate? I had a similar issue with a Lenovo laptop, and after a call to Lenovo they adjusted the warranty end date appropriately. I did have to send a pic of the invoice documenting when I purchased it.

Thanks Uncle Gizmo

pbaldy - I talked with Amazon. I'm still searching for a way to contact Seagate directly, but I'm hopefully they will do what Lenovo did for you. Thanks for this info!!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:08
No problem. If memory serves I just called tech support and went from there.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm sure Seagate would rather extend the warranty than have the drives returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom