New Member - Letter merge Print to PDF from Access Database HELP!

Ivy339

Local time
Today, 11:06
Hi all, I'm very new to Access Database and I am trying to find a report in the database that produces a mail merge straight to PDF in an Access Database. I can't find any reports and when I check the box to unhide any objects there still isn't any reports that the mail merge is coming from only tables. I've watched Tutorials but everything talks about merging to word and this database is not doing that. We've inherited the database and have to change some details in the page header on the letters that go out but I can't find the source of the letters. Any ideas on how I change the details? Thanks in advance.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.

We've inherited the database and have to change some details in the page header on the letters that go out but I can't find the source of the letters
  1. F11 will open the Navigation pane
  2. Look for any reports listed there
  3. Select any report and right-click to open it in design mode
  4. Edit the report header

report in the database that produces a mail merge straight to PDF
Unless you are automating Adobe, this isn't how mail merge works. The mail merge goes to Word and then to a PDF. Are you sure the app is doing a mail merge?

You can however, output reports directly to .pdf.

Search the code module for "OutputTo"

Of course, if the app uses macros rather than VBA, you will have to find a way to stop the code. So first, figure out what form produces the pdf. Then open the form in design view and add a stop to the code so you can follow it to see how the report is being built.

Welcome aboard. You might need to post the database if you can't find the code.

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

As already mentioned, it would be helpful if you could share a sample copy of your database, so we can tell you specifically where to look for it.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for all your help. I received access to the live database today and everything was hidden in that database so I have found what I was looking for :)

Hello,😇

As per my knowledge, I had recommend checking the modules or macros in your database for any code related to the mail merge. Look for any VBA scripts that mention creating or exporting PDFs—this might be where the headers are defined. If you find it, you should be able to edit the details there.

I hope this will help you!

Regards!

Hello,😇

As per my knowledge, I had recommend checking the modules or macros in your database for any code related to the mail merge. Look for any VBA scripts that mention creating or exporting PDFs—this might be where the headers are defined. If you find it, you should be able to edit the details there.

I hope this will help you!

Regards!
CHATGPT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom