Nifty Pop-Up Form - Podcast - AI Generated!!!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:34
Well I've just had my mind blown out!!!

I follow "Andrej Karpathy" on Twitter he used to work with Elon Musk but now he has gone into developing AI to help educate children...

Andrej posted a link about a new Google feature "NotebookLM" HERE:- https://notebooklm.google.com/

You can use it to examine websites, Google Docs, pasted in text, YouTube videos, amongst other things... I've been working on a Google presentation named:-

Nifty Pop-Up Form - The Class

Here:-
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...AhNuuz/pub?start=false&loop=true&delayms=3000
So with that as the target I press the button to create a two user audio overview of my Google slide presentation:-

Google Said:-
Audio overviews are lively 'deep dive' discussions that summarise the key topics in your sources. This is an experimental feature and below are some notes to help you get started:

UG Said:-
See the audio file generated below hosted on the soundcloud platform...

I can tell you, it is absolutely incredible! - However, It is talking about my slide presentation so I would think that!

Put something of your own in there and get it to create a dialogue about "your thing" I think you will be equally impressed.

Last edited:
Here is an introduction to Notebook LM

Click on the above link and at the bottom on the right-hand side you will see "Notebook Guide" - click on this and it pops up a box and in the top right hand side of this box it will say "Audio overview" you should see that it is generating the audio, you might have to wait a couple of minutes until it is generated but then click on that and you will hear two AI characters talking to each other about what you are looking at on this Google notebook!!

Here Dr know it all does an excellent presentation demonstrating this new Google product:-

My observations about the "Google Generated Podcast"

The whole thing is fantastic!

I just couldn't believe how real it sounded.

However towards the end it started imagining things which weren't in the original Google presentation...

It was talking about transferring multiple items, updating an orders form and the like.. .

It didn't seem to make much sense to me, so I assume it is hallucinating somewhere along the line . . I will investigate just to make sure there's nothing in my original Google slide presentation which could have influenced the podcast...

However this was a test, and as far as tests go, it was excellent...

Next:-
I'm going to work out how to make it more reliable (towards the end of the podcast) where it seemed to hallucinate ...

I'm thinking of adding notes to the slides which hopefully will guide the Google generated podcast...

I was going to do a post on this, since I've been using it for a while now. I've also found it incredibly useful. For example, I've put in pdf's of books, webpages, and apparently you can now do YouTube videos too. The podcast feature is great and very natural sounding. AI is completely revolutionising everything, it really is quite amazing.

An example of something I have used it for is to put in a complex medical paper and then get the podcast generated. You then get some easy to understand interpretation of that paper. One podcast ended up being about 50 minutes long, which was generated on a pdf of a book called Nomad Capitalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom