Off Premise Access to a windows 10 Computer. (2 Viewers)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:25
I will be at home for a while and would like to have program that allows me to Upload Files, Download Files and maybe install or remove a program on the office computer. Any Software program suggestions that I can use will be appreciated.

Nicole

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Plenty of options with various features. For example:

TeamViewer
Quick Assist
RDP
LogMeIn
etc.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Plenty of options with various features. For example:

TeamViewer
Quick Assist
RDP
LogMeIn
etc.
Thank you for your suggestions.

CompSMART

Local time
Today, 04:25
I started with remote control software back in the early 1990's with pcAnywhere for DOS and dialup modems. Remote control technology has come a long way since then and it has been my experience that nothing surpasses the performance of RDP. TeamViewer comes close, but it has always been so ridiculously overpriced that I could never justify the expense.

If you have the technological skillset to configure it and have complete control over your office computer (no network administrator locking you down or enforcing GPO's) you can't beat a mesh network (ie: Zero Tier) and tried-and-true RDP. Zero Tier is free and so is RDP so your costs are zero and your remote experience will be virtually the same as sitting at the host computer.

If you are a little less technical or have limited control over your office computer then consider RemotePC (remotepc.com). The performance of RemotePC's web-based remote control is only average but they also provide you with the option of using their RDP Connector that you can use to make an RDP connection between the remote and host computers. Use the RDP Connector for primary access and their web-based access as a backup.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:25
We use Anydesk - which seems very reliable and simple to use, and you can set up a remote access password for unattended operation.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
We use Anydesk - which seems very reliable and simple to use, and you can set up a remote access password for unattended operation.
Thank you all for your suggestions
I enquired from my friends on what they liked and tried the programs in the following order.
LogMein / TeamViewer / RemotePc and am now using RemotePc which is currently meeting my requirements. https://www.remotedesktop.com/
Nicole

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom