One combo box to load value automatically from another (1 Viewer)

sibbbra

Local time
Today, 07:27
HI
i have a form in my db called All Customer Orders. On it , there is a combo box named Customer_ID. In this form, there is a sub form named frm line total sale3.
I want that if combo box named Customer_ID , one value is selected on this main form, then the combo box named Customer_ID in the subform frm line total sale3 should automatically select the same value . How to do so
plx help
I have uploaded my db.
thanx

sibbbra

Local time
Thanx Bob. I have uploaded it.

Attachments

• My db.accdb
    6.8 MB · Views: 101

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
HI
I want that if combo box named Customer_ID , one value is selected on this main form, then the combo box named Customer_ID in the subform frm line total sale3 should automatically select the same value .
thanx

Possibly with an Update query, run in the After Update event of the combo box, but why would you want to do that?
And which record would you want to edit? The subform could have many records linked via the OrderID.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't see any combo in the subform called customerID

either way, you should not be storing the data twice (since you already have the info via the orderID link) unless one order has many customers which seems very unlikely

And if you have to do it, you can do this without code by including more than one field in the subform linkchild/master properties

e.g. link master would be Order_ID;customer_id

sibbbra

Local time
1672396871382.png

well, in the abpve pic, I want to have that when in upper filed of customer filed , some value is selected, then the lower combo box should automatically select the same value. but how

sibbbra

Local time
T

either way, you should not be storing the data twice (since you already have the info via the orderID link) unless one order has many customers which seems very unlikely

And if you have to do it, you can do this without code by including more than one field in the subform linkchild/master properties

e.g. link master would be Order_ID;customThanx CJ, I solved it with your help. Great

sibbbra

Local time
thanx CJ
I got it with your help . your are great >>>>>>

e.g. link master would be Order_ID;customer_id

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
But why? Why is customer in both datasets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom