Password Generator (1 Viewer)

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
Hi all
I have a form with a button that I want to be able to create a random password with 3 English spelt words, random numbers (1 or 2 long) and capitalization and automatically insert it into a textbox any suggestions on how to do this? do I need to create a table with all words or can it be picked up from the internal work directory?
Example: Surcharge-Activate-Certainly0

Button Name: BTNCreatePassword
Text Box: TXTPassword

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You would need a source of the words to start the process, there is nothing intrinsically available in Access to do that.
You also need some more rules to ensure the process meets the requirements, can a word be repeated? Can a password be re-used?

Once you have clearly defined rules, the function can be made to provide what you need.

Alternatively, there may be an online resource you could get this from automatically via VBA?

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
I found an Excel website that does it when loaded so wonder if I could grab it from there but would be better to do it within Access if I could :)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If it's Excel spreadsheet (Macro/VBA) then I would think you could adapt it.
Where does it get the words from?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:32
here is a demo. Put all files on Same folder.

Attachments

• passWordGenerator.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

stu_c

Registered User.
Local time
Hello
Thank you I was able to implement into my form!, I am just having a play about to understand how it works etc, When I delete all the dict text and input my own words it comes up with a run time error '62' input past end file then highlights "Line Input #i, strLine"

could you explain why it does this more so for my knowledge :), is it something to do with the amount of lines in the file to choose from?
here is a demo. Put all files on Same folder.

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:32
I would recommend the standard process of generating a random sequence of allowed characters to get into the database initially. Then make the user create his/her own password based on rules.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:32
you should change 370105 on the code to the number of words you have on the dict.txt file.
also make sure to press "Enter key" (new line) after typing each words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom