Password Manager

Nobby231

Local time
Today, 16:15
Hi

I am trying to keep all my bank info and passwords in one password protected access program
I would be entering things like
bank, acc no, password etc
and also import saved passwords etc from google and Credential Manager from microsoft

if I've changed say a google password I would like to update my database when I re download google manager etc and drop it in the access program

is there something someone has done I can use as a template ? as I'm not clever enough to do it all myself

I have an excel sheet that is something like
sheet 1 (my passwords)
companies, url, account no

sheet 2 (google passwords )
url, user etc
i vlookup urls from sheet2 from sheet1 and delete matched urls from sheet 2
then i copy and paste remainder to sheet 1 and I check for suplicates

I would like to search the url

what do you think ?
Rob

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Although that's possible, I would actually recommend against it. Access isn't very secure and there's a lot of free password manager applications already available, so why reinvent the wheel?

If you do this, can I please have a copy when you are finished, purely for research purposes.

And that would not be my name appearing on your statements....

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Although that's possible, I would actually recommend against it. Access isn't very secure and there's a lot of free password manager applications already available, so why reinvent the wheel?
ok thanks, Im really doing this to learn, i take on board your commments about safety, the database would stay on a hidden password protected pen drive. thanks for the reply DBGuy

If you do this, can I please have a copy when you are finished, purely for research purposes.

And that would not be my name appearing on your statements....
Yes, No problem, it may take a time as Im a novice

Hi. Welcome to AWF!

Whilst you are absolutely right the old rule of security still holds. Security doesn't have to be perfect, or even good as an absolute. It has to be good enough. If it is going to take 30 minutes to crack then make sure you use it for 29 minutes or fewer. Obviously an extremely simplistic example but the general rule holds. My password database that was encrypted on Office 2003, now I'm on 2021 the BE sits on an Integral AES 256 encrypted USB Stick that is mounted when ever I need it and then removed. For my usage this is "Good Enough". Every user has different needs. and I'm certainly not saying this is any form of corporate/commercial solution.

Yes, No problem, it may take a time as Im a novice
hi Ive cobbled together something that works for me if you are still interested, would welcome seeing any changes you make
let me know and I will zip it over

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom