Peace - finally! (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:51
If you want to make friends in an airport sometime and fast, just stand there with a big Welcome Home banner. One time I decided to try to let someone know how special they were by giving them this special airport welcome. We got some colorful helium balloons, we got a bright Welcome Home banner, and stationed ourselves at the end of the concourse that they were scheduled to come in on. It was really funny to watch the reactions of these expressionless arriving passengers. And suddenly they see that sign, and they're laughing, they're waving, they're thanking us as if the welcome party was for them. It was fun... until we saw the last flight attendant coming down the concourse with no other passengers coming behind her. See, the person we'd come to welcome? they never came.

It's a pretty sad feeling when you prepare a big welcome and the one you did it for never comes. Boy, Jesus knows that feeling. He's prepared a Welcome Home, an expensive welcome for some people who've never come - maybe you.

Luke 19:41 says, "As Jesus approached Jerusalem and saw the city, He wept over it and said, 'If you'd only known on this day what would bring you peace - but now it's hidden from your eyes. You did not recognize the time of God's coming.'" Wow! Now that scene, that feeling has been repeated many times since then as someone Jesus has been inviting to have a relationship with Him has been too busy or too disinterested to respond.

He actually weeps over those who do not respond to His love, because of what He wants to do for them. He said, "If you had only known what would bring you peace." Could it be that the peace that's eluded you for so long is peace that only God's Son can give you? Could it be there's never been peace because there's never been room for Jesus?

I know how sad I felt when the person we worked to welcome home never came. Well, then, imagine how Jesus feels when someone He died for doesn't come. The Bible clearly spells out the uncomfortable fact that we are all on death row spiritually. We've sinned against the God who made us. We've insisted on living our way instead of His way. And the Bible says, "The soul that sins will die." Life here without God and His love, and then a life forever without God and His love and no pain relievers to cover the pain, except for the loving intervention of God's Son, Jesus.

The Bible declares "Christ died for our sins." For your sins. We did the sinning, but Jesus did the dying. And having purchased your rescue with His blood, He holds up a banner for you - Welcome Home. He's been holding it for a long time, waiting for you to come to Him in faith. Listen, tell Him you're putting your total trust in Him for a relationship with God. That's what He's been waiting for, but you haven't come home. And someday you won't be able to. The banner will be gone; the open arms will be gone. But today you can still come.

You want to come home to the One you were made for? If you want to begin that relationship with Him, would you pray now to welcome God into your life?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:51
Your proselytising is becoming tedious.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:51
Adam, you've apparently learned that sometimes it is possible to come on too strongly. Isaac has yet to learn the lesson.

Isaac, since this is the Watercooler, you can post as you wish, with the caveat that you cannot use outrightly disrespectful or vulgar language directed in a way to attack or demean a member. You are, however, fortunate that we have no rule regarding annoying, single-minded, or boring members. (Otherwise a well-known anti-USA curmudgeon would have been banned long ago.)

AND I would point out that if Jesus is so disappointed that Galaxiom and I won't be joining that party, He should take up that "free will" issue with dear old Dad. Let the two of them duke it out. When they've got it all sorted out they can get back to us.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 02:51
thanks Doc, appreciate it. but don't dis Isaac too strongly yet. I've not seen as much posted by him as I once did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom