Pivot Tables and Charts in Access (1 Viewer)

gilbertodiazfdz

Local time
Yesterday, 23:03
I have seen some tutorial videos on youtube where you can create pivot tables in access (not crosstab) under forms, but in my access version(2007-2016) I don't see the icon or option, do I need to install any add-in?

gilbertodiazfdz

Local time
Thanks for your response, but my problem is that my access version does not have the option to create either a pivot chart or a pivot view, I would like to know how can I install additional tool kit or add-ins.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 07:03
Pivot tables & Pivot charts were deprecated (dropped) in Access 2013.
You can only use them if you have Access 2010 or earlier
However, they are still available in Excel

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:03
If your customer wants pivot tables and charts, create them in Excel. Then use Access to drive the underlying data. That is the best option. The versions of those tools created for Access were always afterthoughts and mere shadows of what Excel could do. So, rather than spend double the development effort, MS decided to cut Access off and stick with improving Excel since Access can always export the data to Excel models and now you have a better solution than you could have with just Access alone.

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
On my website I have a free utility that allows you to design your pivot tables inside your Access application and programmatically create\update them in external Excel files. Make sure you import all the objects from the sample.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom