Please help me take good care my laptop (1 Viewer)

EasyPC

Local time
Today, 10:25
Fast learner seeks forum to translate general IT in to English. Boy, do I come across some strange things on my laptop. The other day, I noticed that the Sleep option between Shutdown and Restart disappears when my system runs low on space and returns when my system decides I have enough space after all. I am terrible at saving space. Everything seems nice now though. Another thing, I could have sworn many items appeared in my Recycle Bin after I plugged in an internal storage last night. I deleted it all and nothing seems to be missing.

Please do apply your troubleshoots, solutions and suggestions to anything I bring to the table and for heaven's sake... Please do not ask me to fix your computer.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:25
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:25
The problem of PC maintenance is complex. We need to know a little bit about your PC physically, since HDD vs. SSD makes a difference, and the amount of physical memory CAN make a difference. A lot of web browsing with failure to clean up old images will not help either. The worst thing you can do your PC is "nothing." Neglect will kill a system.

Learn some tricks for your system by asking questions online using your favorite search engine. Things like "for my <brandname> browser, how do I delete obsolete files?" "For my <operating system name>, how do I get rid of old files?" "For my <operating system name>, how do I set retention limits on my wastebasket?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom